quality dental care
We are committed to providing you with dental treatment to the highest standard. We deliver that by:
- having highly skilled staff,
- using the most up to date treatment techniques and equipment,
- placing your needs, comfort and convenience at the centre of our work.
We will be sympathetic to any of your concerns, fears or anxieties, because we understand them. We will talk to you about how to maintain good oral health, and so reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. We will be honest with you when discussing the results of your check ups, and the treatment options available to you. And we will explain the details of your chosen treatment plan with you, so that you feel in control at every stage.
See details of our latest inspection by the Care Quality Commission.
BDA Good Practice Scheme
We are proud to be a member of the BDA Good Practice scheme. This means that we follow the scheme’s 10 commitments to good practice:
- We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality, for all patients.
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes.
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care.
- We follow the British Dental Association’s guidelines on infection control.
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find.
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year.
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints.
- Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.
Heather Williams receiving the
British Dental Association Good Practice award,
with practice staff.
We are proud to have been awarded Denplan Excel accreditation.
Denplan Excel is a kitemark of high quality assurance of clinical practice and patient communications. It is the only independently validated Clinical Governance programme.
The Denplan Excel Programme is based on a list of 'Essential' items or procedures that our practice must comply with. Some of these are legal or statutory requirements, while others are considered to form part of good practice recommendations.
Therefore you can be reassured that H Williams and Associates is practising in line with current good practice recommendations and is complying with current legislation.
You can also be reassured that H Williams and Associates is committed to quality care and continuous improvement, and has your best interests at heart.
For Denplan Excel we were assessed in the following areas:
- Infection control and decontamination
- Ionising Radiation Regulations
- Record keeping
- Professional indemnity
- Out-of-hours emergency cover
- The Environmental Protection Act
- Management of patient collapse
- Complaints handling
- Post-graduate education
Investors In People GOLD
The fact that we have achieved this prestigeous award shows that we are 100% committed to people. This prestigious accreditation is recognised across the world as a mark of excellence. In order to achieve Investors in People Standard we had to go through a rigorous and objective assessment to determine performance. We believe that people are at the heart of our vision and they'll use their talents to achieve it.
cross infection control
Cross infection control prevents the spreading of infectious diseases from patient to patient, patients to staff and staff to patients. We use the latest sterilising equipment and staff follow a strict cross infection control protocol to protect you:
- Instruments such as mirrors, dental drills and other items are all fully sterilised after each patient.
- Your dentist or hygienist will wear a new set of disposable gloves for every patient, and a disposable mask during any procedure.
- Wherever possible we use disposable single use items, such as cups, suction tubing and endodontic instruments.
We are always on the lookout for any way we can improve our service to you. If you have any ideas, feedback or comments, then please let us know using a comments card available in the waiting room.
We always try to ensure you are pleased with our service, and so we take complaints very seriously. If you need to make a complaint, we will respond positively and promptly to resolve it, in accordance with our Code of practice for patient complaints. The person responsible for dealing with any complaints is our Practice Manager. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are unhappy about any aspect of your treatment.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our complaints procedure then you can make a complaint to The Dental Complaints Service.